Hello and Welcome

Welcome to the blog, "BIGS 'n' LITTLES". Here you will read about the big and little things which happen to the author, M. Johan .S, and many other thrilling, helpful and exciting things he just has to say.

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Tuesdays with Morrie

Except, today I'm with Shahmi, and I'm not highly concerned with the state of human apathy on worldwide suffering, or with my own levels of apathy on it, which I think must be rather low, at least right now, given I'm not thinking about it even while writing this. I should be more like Morrie's student, though. Not just in that he's passionate, at the time of the book, about those worst off in the world, but also in that he's a good student. He was friends with his professor. Now, that has to be the best kind of student, because I have yet to find anyone that spends enough time with their material to have regular, friendly, challenging, and extensive conversations with their professors about it - enough so that they can call their professors their friends. That could be the nature of studying law. Maybe we just don't have the time. Or maybe we do, and I like finding excuses. All I know is, is that I'd love to be friends with my professors. I think about it all the time. Engaging so much with my coursework that I have it sufficiently together in my head that I can converse about it deeply, not just come exam time, or even class time, but before class, in a 1 to 1 session between me and my professor. Maybe. Maybe that's impossible. This isn't important. I'm procrastinating. 

Okay! Journal!

Grateful for? How I felt at the start of the day! Hey, how I felt yesterday. How yesterday went so smoothly. Yesterday was productive and kind of fun, even though I didn't do much else aside from studying and cycling. Grateful for how I'm feeling right now. Just writing what I'm grateful for is giving me such a warm feeling. Like the feeling I get when I get the chance to compliment people and tell them how they make me feel. Warm. Grateful to have mustered the will to get out of bed! Grateful to have gathered the courage to go to class despite being 20 minutes late! Grateful I bumped into Shahmi just now and am now in a nice place to study (Kingsway). Grateful to have a nice group of people who love me and watch my Insta stories, making them work. Making me feel like people are checking in on me. Grateful to Hamzah for bringing that up. 

Yesterday and today have been a good start to this new routine. Still, there are a few things that could use improvement. My schedule for when I arrive home at the end of the day I think is the biggest one. It's very important for the following day. What I did last night caused me to wake up at 10:44 today. I didn't set my alarm. So: arrive home at 8; hot shower; change; cook and eat whilst listening to Hank and John; do whatever until 9:25; brush teeth and sleep. HC9:25BS: Hot-shower Cook 9:25 Brush Sleep.

God, I really wanna play squash right now. This is an exercise in will power. I overslept and have to catch up on the day's work.

Okay! Planning!

3ish - 4 - complete lecture on trustee's duties and consolidate class notes

4 - 4.30 - eu citizenship lec prep

4.30 - 6 - eu citizenship lec

6 - 6.30 - silence in court lec prep

6.30 - 8 - silence in court lec

8 - 9.30 - practice HC9.25BS


No comments:

Post a Comment